HotSpy Online best news, a daily publication in Nigeria covering world news, sports, politics,entertainment and health.


Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Horror as 42-year-old man gouges out his father's eyes for refusing to transfer properties to him (photos)

A 42-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday in Bengaluru, India on charges of attempted murder, after he gouged out his aged father’s eyes with his hands, and left him bleeding. 

According to Times of India, the suspect Abhishek Chetan, was upset with his father for refusing to transfer properties to him.

While his father SS Paramesh, 66, is being treated at a Jayanagar hospital, Chetan was remanded in judicial custody for 14 days.

Police booked him under Sections 307 (attempt to murder) and 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) of the IPC.

Police said Chetan, who is debtridden but led a lavish lifestyle, had been fighting to get all his father’s properties after his mother, Vasanthi, passed away a month ago. 

Paramesh, who had already drawn up a will granting equal rights to all his children after his death, had refused to entertain his demands.

Chetan has two younger siblings — Chandan, who moved out of the house after marriage, and a married sister living in another part of the city. Chetan had issued legal notice to father on Monday.

Chetan had already got his mother’s share of property transferred to his name, and Paramesh had refused to part with more. An upset Chetan had served a legal notice on Paramesh on Monday, threatening to move court if he didn’t transfer the properties to his name.

It was about 11.30am on Tuesday when Paramesh went to the ground floor of their Shakambarinagar residence in Banashankari, where Chetan lives, and told him he won’t respond to threats. About an hour later, Chetan went to the first floor, where his father lives, and began arguing.

“Atsome point, he lost control and turned violent, scooping out one of the eyes of his father,” the police said.

Neighbours and a few relatives who live nearby rushed to the house on hearing Paramesh’s cries, and found him in his room bleeding profusely. A few of them found Chetan and handed him to the police, while some others took Paramesh to Prabha Eye Clinic and Research Centre in Jayanagar.

In his statement to police, Chetan said he was frustrated that his father collected Rs 12,000 from him as rent every month, and also refused to transfer his properties to him, despite knowing he was in financial distress.

“He always kept me at a distance, even during festivals and family get-togethers,” police quoted him as having said.
Paramesh, however, told the cops that none of the properties — the Shakambarinagar house and two sites in other parts of the city — were inherited, and that he had told Chetan he couldn’t get the properties by force.

Relatives said that Chetan’s financial distress was not because his incense stick business was not doing well, but because he led an extremely lavish lifestyle which was funded by money he borrowed from people.

A hospital spokesperson said they began operating on Paramesh’s eyes at 3.30pm and that they needed at least four hours to complete the procedure.

“We can’t assure him that vision will return,” the spokesperson said, without elaborating on the procedure required, or the complications involved.
Paramesh had retired as superintendent with the government translation department.


Post a Comment



Contact Form


Email *

Message *